Snort mailing list archives

Re: How can I setup Snort to e-mail alerts?

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () innominate com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:17:30 +0200

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:22:03PM -0400, Yom, Francis wrote:

I would like to know how, if it is possible, to set up snort to e-mail
alerts to an administrator.

Some other tool must parse the logfile and send mails based on what it
found. Use logcheck or logsurfer or your own flavour of grep and mailx.

--
ralf.hildebrandt () innominate com                            innominate AG
Technical Consultant                   Don't be afraid of what you see -