Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID and snort 1.8?

From: Andreas Hasenack <andreas () netbank com br>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 00:20:23 -0300

Em Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 06:17:57PM -0700, Paulie escreveu:
Is anybody running snort 1.8 with ACID?  It doesn't look like there is
any specific support in ACID for snort 1.8 classtypes.  Does anybody know
if there will be?

Also does anybody know if ACID will ever support the snort preprocessors
like portscan?  Forgive me if its in there after 0.9.6b1, I was
conservative when I did the ACID install and I'm not anxious to mess with
upgrading it unless there is a substantive reason to do so.

Your question is a "substantive reason" to do an upgrade... :)

I'm running snort 1.8 with acid with no problems. In fact, I'm
running the CVS version.
You should upgrade at least to b9. There are some bugfixes after that
version that are only checked into cvs if I'm not mistaken, but it
should give you a glimpse on how things are now.