Secure Coding mailing list archives

Python Security

From: Craig Younkins <cyounkins () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:56:51 -0400

Hello fellow secure coders! My name is Craig Younkins. I'm an intern at
OWASP, the Open Web Application Security Project, and this summer I'm
focusing on web security in Python. I'm helping Python developers make
more secure web applications.

I'd like to invite you to a new community - http://www.pythonsecurity.org/ -
which is now the central hub for security in Python. We're writing articles
on security topics and how they pertain to Python, analyzing the security of
Python software, and providing a forum where developers can get answers to
their Python security questions.

Interested? Great!
* If you have open-source Python software, the best thing you can do is
contribute to the wiki page for your software by explaining the security
controls, their implementations, and usage.
* If you haven't written open-source Python software, that's OK too. We'd
love your help on our currently targeted wiki page for Django [1].
* If you're not a Python programmer you can still contribute to our pages on
general security topics [2]. These pages include general information as well
as Python-specific information about the what, how, and why of security
controls.

Thanks!

Craig Younkins

[1] http://www.pythonsecurity.org/wiki/django/