Secure Coding mailing list archives

Job Posting: Software Assurance at MITRE

From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley () linus mitre org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:52:38 -0400 (EDT)

Apologies ahead of time to SC-L subscribers who do not want to see job postings; Ken said it was OK.

MITRE, a "Fortune 100 Best Company To Work For" corporation, is seeking a Software Systems Engineer to provide expertise in the area of software security. The ideal candidate would have broad, deep knowledge of the types of vulnerabilities that occur throughout the SDLC; their associated mitigations; techniques for security-relevant static and dynamic analysis of code, including their strengths and limitations; and methodologies for testing and evaluating automated code scanning tools, including development of test cases.

The primary work will involve understanding and improving the state of the art in techniques for detecting and preventing software vulnerabilities in source/binary code, in collaboration with government, industry, and academia.

10+ years of relevant experience strongly preferred, including 5+ years in software assurance or closely-related disciplines, with an ability to work independently and be responsible for deliverables within a team environment, spanning 6 months or longer. Real-world knowledge of software testing frameworks desired. Solid knowledge of C, C++, and Java strongly preferred. Experience in custom software development or scripting a plus. Excellent oral and written communication skills strongly preferred. Less-experienced individuals with demonstrable talent and expertise are welcome to apply.

Strong preference will be given to candidates who can live near our locations in Bedford, Massachusetts or McLean, Virginia.

U.S. citizenship is required.

If you are interested, please contact me with your resume, preferably by August 3. We plan to fill this position within a month or two.

Thank you,
Steve Christey