Secure Coding mailing list archives

free scans from Google...

From: kevin.w.wall at gmail.com (Kevin W. Wall)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:07:31 -0400

Benjamin Tomhave wrote:
I guess we can all retire now, eh? I find it so exciting that the app is
"written in pure C"... and coming from Google, I'm sure it won't leak
info back to the mothership at all...

"Meet skipfish, our automated web security scanner"
http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2010/03/meet-skipfish-our-automated-web.html

Yeah, this comment in the project Wiki makes me feel better already:

        All right, I want to try it out. What do I need to know?

        First and foremost, please do not be evil. Use skipfish only against
        services you own, or have a permission to test.

On a good note though, Michal Zalewski is a well-respected developer, so I
might be willing to give it a chance... against someone else's app. (jk)

-kevin
--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME