Secure Coding mailing list archives

Cigital news (European market)

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 06:36:24 -0400

hi all,

In my view, the European market now looks very similar to the US market of 2-3 years ago (not a decade ago).  I predict
a rash of pen testing, folllowed by adoption of SDLC integration.  This will, of course, evolve in a very European way
and there will be important regional differences.  The good news is that the market is very likely to consolidate
quickly to a very reasonable approach to software security.  In that sense only will the market be like the US market.
I believe it will get things right more easily.

BTW, I have seen "the same" phenomenon in the US as NY led and the West coast (read CA) followed in software security.
This is, of course, a huge generalization.  The west coast is still in the throes of pen testing for the most part and
just beginning to adopt software security initiatives.

gem

http://www.cigital.com/~gem