Secure Coding mailing list archives

BSIMM: Confessions of a Software Security Alchemist (informIT)

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:25:55 -0400

Hi Steve,

Because it is about building a top N list FOR A PARTICULAR ORGANIZATION.  You and I have discussed this many times.
The generic top 25 is unlikely to apply to any particular organization.  The notion of using that as a driver for
software purchasing is insane.  On the other hand if organization X knows what THEIR top 10 bugs are, that has real
value.

See the examples under that practice.

gem