Secure Coding mailing list archives

BSIMM: Confessions of a Software Security Alchemist (informIT)

From: Stephan.Neuhaus at disi.unitn.it (Stephan Neuhaus)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:42:45 +0100

On Mar 18, 2009, at 23:14, Steven M. Christey wrote:

I believe this is reflected in public CVE data.  Take a look at the
bugs
that are being reported for, say, Microsoft or major Linux vendors
or most
any product with a long history, and their current number 1's are
not the
same as the number 1's of the past.

I am trying to get funding for a study that would address precisely
this issue.  Here is a write-up that I made for the Master students
here at the University of Trento that explains in more detail what I'm
trying to do; perhaps someone on this list is interested in
collaborating: http://www.disi.unitn.it/~neuhaus/proposals/Security-Trends.pdf

Best,

Stephan