Secure Coding mailing list archives

Some Interesting Topics arising from the SANS/CWE Top 25

From: yo at secappdev.org (Johan Peeters)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:16:50 +0100

What is a business rule? Something like "If the customer has changed
the shipment address from a previous order, we must re-request his or
her credit card details"?  How would you implement *that* using input
validation?

The example I often use is 'equity can only be used as debt
collateral, if it has a rating' :-)
Before setting to work on your example, Florian, I would rephrase it
as 'the date of entry of the shipment address must not be after the
date of entry of credit card details'. I would then consider this an
input validation problem.

kr,

Yo
--