Secure Coding mailing list archives

Unclassified NSA document on .NET 2.0 Framework Security

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:34:18 -0500

Sadly this non-adoption of privileged/managed code (filled with blank stares) has been the case ever since the Java
security days a decade ago.  One of the main challenges is that developers have a hard time thinking about the
principle of least privilege and its implications regarding the capabilities they should request.  Dinis is brave to
set such thinking as a target.  I've settled (after ten years) with getting developers just to utter the word
"security."

All together now..."security".

gem

company www.cigital.com