Secure Coding mailing list archives

Darkreading: Getting Started

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:58:16 -0500

hi gp,

Yup.  I count that as 1 (top-down framework) because that approach often leads with the creation of a special ops
execution team that becomes the software security group.  By far, this is the most impressive approach in terms of
results and the one that is the most effective in well-run enterprises.

Please do note that getting started does not mean you have to stick with only one of the ways.  Any mature approach to
software security requires aspects of each of the getting started ways.

gem

company www.cigital.com
podcast www.cigital.com/silverbullet
blog www.cigital.com/justiceleague