Secure Coding mailing list archives

Microsoft Pushes Secure, Quality Code

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:43:54 -0400

I am in full agreement that we need metrics.  The challenge is that syntactic metric are easy to compute and not very
useful from a management perspective and that business-relevant metrics are much fuzzier and difficult to compute given
a glob of code.

That said, we should keep trying!  I believe one answer is to take advantage of relative metrics over time.

gem

company www.cigital.com