Secure Coding mailing list archives

Dark Reading - Desktop Security - Here Comes the (Web) Fuzz - Security News Analysis

From: michaelslists at gmail.com (Michael Silk)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:54:41 +1100

On 2/27/07, Kenneth Van Wyk <ken at krvw.com> wrote:

Here's an interesting article from Dark Reading about web fuzzers.  Web
fuzzing seems to be gaining some traction these days as a popular means of
testing web apps and web services.

http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=118162&f_src=darkreading_section_296

Any good/bad experiences and opinions to be shared here on SC-L regarding
fuzzing as a means of testing web apps/services?  I have to say I'm
unconvinced, but agree that they should be one part--and a small one at
that--of a robust testing regimen.

unconvinced of what? what fuzzing is useful? or that it's the best
security testing method ever? or you remain unconvinced that fuzzing
in web apps is > fuzzing in os apps?

fuzzing has obvious advantages. that's all anyone should care about.

Cheers,

Ken

-- mike