Secure Coding mailing list archives

Hiring Security Architects

From: ljknews at mac.com (ljknews)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:44:19 -0500

At 6:15 PM -0500 1/3/07, McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) wrote:

We have had open job postings for security architects for a long time
with zero hits and I would love to understand how other enterprises are
hiring practitioners.

You might consider consulting your tool vendor.  Praxis does work on
a consulting basis with Spark Inspector, but they might also have some
insights on where to find people who understand the methodology.

But if your goal is to prop up existing code, you might have a much
harder row to hoe.  Presuming a totally knowledgeable potential pool
of workers, they are going to know enough to avoid volunteering for
an assignment which is essentially "do the impossible".
--
Larry Kilgallen