Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Top security papers

From: "Peter G. Neumann" <neumann () csl sri com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 04:38:48 +0100

Matt,
You will find lots of references that might appeal to your
needs in an emerging DARPA report on my web site:
  http://www.csl.sri.com/neumann/chats4.pdf
There's an appendix by Virgil Gligor that might be very
helpful to you, which does not yet appear in the html
(but will as soon as I move the .eps files to .gif...)
But start with the principles, e.g.,
  Saltzer and Schroeder 1975
And don't try to look at security as an isolated problem --
it is an overall system problem, and there are lots of papers
on software decomposition, composability, modularity, etc.
that are fundamental to security.
You might also try Matt Bishop's book, with lots of references.

PGN