Secure Coding mailing list archives

RE: Top security papers

From: Jeremy Epstein <jeremy.epstein () webMethods com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 04:43:49 +0100

There's lots of interesting papers; I couldn't begin to select a "top 10".
But for an answer to this question from the late 90s, take a look at the UC
Davis collection available at
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/history/index.html

Also a plug: every year the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference
(www.acsac.org) invites two or three authors of seminal papers to update &
present their papers given the benefit of hindsight.  Last year's papers
included an update by Gene Spafford on the dissection of the Morris Worm,
and an update from Peter Neumann on PSOS (Provably Secure Operating System).
This year we'll hear a retrospective on the Orange Book by Marv Schaefer
(one of the authors) and an update on some of the classic TCP attacks from
Steve Bellovin.

--Jeremy