Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Government Computer News (GCN) -- Contract addendum could enforce software security

From: "Jeff Williams" <jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:29:01 +0100

If government is unwilling or unable to put decent laws or regulations in
place, then contracting is the way to get the rights and responsibilities
assigned sanely.  I think Ounce is on the exact right track here.

If you're interested in software contracting and security, you might like an
article I wrote at OWASP --
http://www.owasp.org/columns/jwilliams/jwilliams4.html.  At the very end is
a link to the GE Code Integrity Warranty which is a good example.  Well, a
good example of one end of the spectrum anyway.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams
Aspect Security, Inc.
http://www.aspectsecurity.com