Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Anyone looked at security features of D programming language compared to Spark?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:50:43 +0100

Crispin Cowan wrote:
Dynamic type checking (or any kind of run-time fail-stop checking)
enhances security (attacks are halted) but degrades reliability
(processes that might live with a harmlessly inconsistent state may be
halted).

Degrades reliability of a "correct" program?  Or only degrades
reliability of a program with bugs, harmless or not?  If it's the
latter, I would assume QA would want to see the latter, so the bug could
be squashed.  I'm assuming, of course, that one wants to also squash
"harmless" bugs.

                                        BB