Secure Coding mailing list archives

RE: Missing the point?

From: "Peter Amey" <peter.amey () praxis-cs co uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:07:40 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Pascal Meunier
Sent: 20 April 2004 20:00
To: Michael A. Davis
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SC-L] Missing the point?

[snip]
However, the PSP and
TSP seem to
be working well enough.  I wish I knew more about them, and that they
were not proprietary.

Cheers,
Pascal Meunier

Since you mention PSP and TSP then you shouldn't leave out Praxis's work on CbyC (Correctness by Construction).  CbyC
was the only other process to compare favourably with TSP in the report "Improving Security Across the Software
Development Lifecycle" just published by http://www.cyberpartnership.org).

And no, it's not proprietary, we would love to educate the world!  For starters, there are some CbyC papers on
www.sparkada.com.

Peter

the system manager.  The IT Department at Praxis Critical Systems can be contacted at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.mimesweeper.com

http://www.star.net.uk