Secure Coding mailing list archives

RE: SPI, Ounce Labs Target Poorly Written Code

From: ljknews <ljknews () mac com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:12:19 +0100

At 2:37 PM +0100 6/29/04, Peter Amey wrote:

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Blue Boar

I seriously doubt that there is a programming language that can do
anything useful that one can't do something stupid with.  Never bet
against the quality of idiots available in the world. :)

Always willing to rise to a challenge.  But I'll cover my bets by slightly changing Blue Boar's words by adding "which
wouldn't be obvious".

I would assert that using SPARK it is very /hard/ to something stupid and /impossible/ to do something stupid that
wouldn't be obvious to the SPARK Examiner tool.

Certainly with SPARK one could use an incorrect specification (one that
did not properly characterize the problem).