Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: MISRA C (was: Industry support groups that foster secure/quality coding practices)

From: Steve Litt <slitt () troubleshooters com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 21:48:52 +0000

On Thursday 01 January 2004 01:56 pm, David Crocker wrote:
[clip]
Fine - if you can avoid using C, do so! For those who must use C, there is
rarely any good reason to use pointer arithmetic anyway. Some of the best
C++ developers do not even use arrays (they use classes from the standard
template library instead).

Fascinating! C++ without pointers or arrays, using the STL. I'm writing a book
about Perl right now, but when I'm done perhaps I'll research the STL more
thoroughly.

Where would I find the Standard Template Library for the gcc that comes on
Linux computers (I use Mandrake 9.0 and 9.2)?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.