Secure Coding mailing list archives

RE: MISRA C (was: Industry support groups that foster secure/quality coding practices)

From: ljknews <ljknews () mac com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:50:59 +0000

At 11:17 PM +0000 12/31/03, David Crocker wrote:

What I would like to see is a widely-implemented, well-designed, type-safe
object-oriented language. Eiffel comes close but is not widely implemented or
used. The present version of Ada (95) is a poor choice for serious O-O
development.

I was under the impression that Spark (the Ada subset and annotation scheme
supporting formal proofs) actually _disallowed_ many of the Ada features
that are aimed at object oriented programming (dynamic object creation, etc.).

That makes me believe that achieving Spark-level safety starting from
any other language would _also_ remove some "favorite" features of such
language aimed toward object-oriented program.