Secure Coding mailing list archives

RE: Administrivia & Request: Aloha, the moderator is back

From: Tim Bolton <ltb () armedicalboard org>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:52:39 +0100

My biggest headache in all of this (I would be the friend in question who
tries to fix their PC connected via cable modem) is that after finally
convincing people to purchase at the minimum Firewall Software, such as
Norton's Internet Security, and getting it set up to provide as much
protection as possible (along with the appropriate XP security settings) I
come over to find it disabled because their kids couldn't download Kazza...
If I was not the one that would have to rebuild it for them (we are friends
after all) I would just leave the door open so that they would get what they
deserve, lesson learned...

Tim Bolton
Systems Administrator

[Ed. Ok, we've strayed pretty far off topic here (and elsewhere).  Let's please
declare this thread completed.  Thanks to everyone that responded to my
request.  I'll post a separate follow-up shortly. KRvW]