Secure Coding mailing list archives

Administrivia: Registration require sites (was Re: Secured Coding)

From: Dave Aronson <securecoding () dja mailme org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:39:54 +0000

On Thu February 12 2004 12:44, Chris Wysopal wrote:
There is another commentary that is a response to Andrew Briney's "Secure
coding? Bah!" article

GUEST COMMENTARY
Secure coding? Absolutely!
Mary Ann Davidson, CSO, Oracle

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid14_gci948304,00.html

This requires jumping through lots of hoops to go see, including a ton
of required questions, and then multiple screens full of offers to sign
up for magazines, mailing lists, etc.  I did my usual response: throw
sand in their gears by lying like a rug on the form, and at the
earliest opportunity tell them that if they had given me fewer hoops to
jump through, I might have given them the truth.  I encourage y'all to
do likewise.  (NOTE: this idea is NOT in any way endorsed by my
employer, ISP, spouse, dog, etc.!)

Those of you who provide links to such articles in the future, please do
us the favor of including either the article text, or a link to
somewhere we can Just Read The Damn Thing.  Thanks!

[Ed. Yes, I had to jump through those same hoops.  To those quoting
sites that require registration, please at least warn us about the
registration requirement.  It would certainly be appreciated.  KRvW]

--
Dave Aronson, Senior Software Engineer, Secure Software Inc.
Email me at: work (D0T) 2004 (@T) dja (D0T) mailme (D0T) org