Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: I don't beleive open source is always the answer

From: "Joe Teff" <joe () joeteff com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:26:54 +0000

Yes it is a generalization of open source. The discussion was regarding
software security and whether the open source model would have an
advantage over the commercial model. I have used open source and have
worked on open source projects. I was simply pointing out some areas
based on my experience with the open source model that can present
challenges. I don't know how this got turned into a Linux issue as open
source is much more diverse than just Linux.

joe teff

[Ed. Yes, let's please keep this thread away from a discussion of the
merits and !merits of a particular operating system and, instead, focus
(if you wish) on the merits and !merits of a particular software development
methodology.  Thanks.  KRvW]