Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Scripting Languages and Secure Coding

From: der Mouse <mouse () Rodents Montreal QC CA>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 02:34:52 +0000

The C compiler and popular C library routines do not have bugs

If you think this you are deluding yourself.  No body of code as large
as either is bug-free.

When PHP has [...] I'll consider it safe for use.  Unlike C and
Apache, one does not HAVE to use PHP in their system.

One does not have to use Apache.  (I don't, for example.)  One does not
have to use C, either, though I'm not an example; quite aside from
people who simply don't compile stuff, there are other languages, even
other compiled languages, most of them better than C for some tasks and
goodness metrics.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               [EMAIL PROTECTED]