Politech mailing list archives

Hiawatha Bray on why it was OK for FBI to visit John Young [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:18:01 -0500

---

From: "Hiawatha Bray" <watha () monitortan com>
To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan () well com>
Subject: RE: [Politech] Cryptome's John Young describes visit by two FBI agents
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:26:43 -0500

I'm waiting for an explanation of why this matters.  The FBI goes around
asking people questions.  Happens every day.  That's how they do their jobs.
If a couple of agents wanted to ask me questions, I'd let 'em, and answer
any such questions that I felt were appropriate.  I have nothing against
these guys doing their jobs, and don't understand why people would approach
such a situation with chips on their shoulders.  If these agents did
anything wrong here, I must have missed it.  So what's the big deal?

Hiawatha