Politech mailing list archives

FC: Is Iraq's Internet still functioning?

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:00:10 -0500

---

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:01:53 -0500
From: "David A." <daltenho () indiana edu>
To: declan () well com
Subject: Iraqi Internet still functioning? -- for politechbot

[Please post if you feel it is appropriate. Cross posted to Dave Farber's list]

Declan-

I was curious to see the effectiveness of the Pentagon's purported cyberwar initiative against Iraq. I would assume it has already started. I checked Google and Lycos for domains ending in .iq, but wasn't able to locate a single site with that country code. I wondered if your readers might know of a site actually hosted in Iraq. Perhaps I haven't been able to find one since I'm searching on English rather than Arabic terms. If there are no Web sites hosted, perhaps there is a server somewhere we can ping.

Cheers,

David Altenhof