Politech mailing list archives

FC: Correction to "Abortion Abolishionist's" hosting service

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:43:56 -0400

Yesterday I wrote that Neal Horsley's anti-abortion websites were apparently hosted by Verio. (http://www.politechbot.com/p-04940.html) I based this on a traceroute from the Politech server that showed the sites to be inside Verio's network.

Since then, I've heard from a top Verio official (who subscribes to Politech) who noted that was not correct; the sites are hosted by a large customer of Verio, not the company itself. More to the point, it looks like Verio was not the company that sent Horsley his cease-and-desist note and its customer was.

I apologize to Verio for the error. A more detailed analysis -- a network whois lookup and a second traceroute (http://centralops.net/co/default.asp) from another location -- suggests that Everyones Internet in Houston, Texas is in fact Horsley's hosting service.

-Declan