Politech mailing list archives

FC: "Abortion Abolishionist" given 5 pm deadline to delete websites

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:38:56 -0400

Looks like Neal Horsley's sites are hosted by Verio. Here's some background on Horsley and his anti-abortion crusading:
http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=horsley

-Declan

---

From: Neal Horsley <nhorsley () wechooselife net>
To: declan () well com
Subject: Under Attack!  Planned Parenthood Moves To Silence Me and My Web Sites
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:26:34 -0500

I received the following message this morning:

Subject: AUP/TOS Violation [216.127.72.94] Case #: 1160

It has come to our attention that your server located at
[216.127.72.94] is in violation of our AUP/TOS by way of the following
URL(S): http://christiangallery.com/atrocity/aborts.html,
http://abortioncams.com/, http://wesecede.com/, christiansunited.net

The URL(S) stated above is in violation by way of these domains
violate our AUP/TOS by way of Threats.  Please remove these domains by
end of business.

We must demand that you take prompt action in the removal of the
material in question or we will be forced to take further action. The
time is now 7/8/03 9:53:58 AM.

There is nothing on any of those web sites that is not in strict compliance with the law as it is presently written and interpreted by the courts in the USA but there is probably nothing we can do to keep them from pulling the plug on the sites.

It is obvious that our enemies have decided now is the time to silence our online presence. Given what we know about their tactics in the past, this is a way to make it easier to take other actions against us without having the hundreds of thousands of people who visit our web sites each month know about what is happening.

For those who hate what we do, now is the time to gloat. But gloat while you can: you will learn what it is to fear God; for the God we serve can raise the dead.

One of the reasons we started the Abortion Abolitionist magazine was because we knew the time might come when we could find no Internet Service Provider who would carry The Christian Gallery News Service or AbortionCams.com. Please consider subscribing to that magazine.

Also Please keep this matter in prayer and if you can do more than pray please let me know how you can help. I am still out of work and do not have the financial resources to mount an effective defense either technologicly or legally.

Neal Horsley
http://www.christiangallery.com
http://www.abortioncams.com
Publisher