Politech mailing list archives

FC: NPR's Rick Karr replies to FCC chairman at Chamber of Commerce

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 01:25:16 -0500

[To reply to Rick: I never claimed that Powell said public interest and market forces are the same. Powell's claim was far weaker; which is why I characterized it as such a "mild" statement. As for the consolidated ownership point, I'm not willing to leap to a big-is-bad conclusion. Large companies may be easy targets to assail, but (1) a lot of people really do want to listen to top 40 dreck and (2) being big may bring some economies of scale. --Declan]

---