Politech mailing list archives

FC: Bosnia backs down: Internet firms won't monitor, police users

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:39:05 -0700

Previous Politech message:

"Bosnia wants to make Internet firms monitor, police their users"
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03169.html

---

From: horvitz () vol cz
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:55:00 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Bosnian ISP licence
To: declan () well com

Dear Mr. McCullagh,

The final text of Bosnia-Hercegovina's license for ISPs
was released over the weekend, and it is much improved
over the first draft.  All of my criticisms were resolved,
and most of the complaints of the ISPs.  So the time has
come to update or remove the alert that I sent you in
February and which you posted on your website.

Thanks for publicizing this case.  There's no doubt that
negative reactions from home and abroad led the
Communications Regulatory Agency to reconsider their
rules for ISPs, producing a vastly different outcome.

                           >BOB<

---
Robert Horvitz
Manager, Central/Eastern Europe