Politech mailing list archives

FC: U.S. Patent Office awards patent for swinging on swing sideways

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:33:21 -0700

[The most innovative patent yet! What will those cunning inventors think of next? Here's my favorite excerpt: "It should be noted that because pulling alternately on one chain and then the other resembles in some measure the movements one would use to swing from vines in a dense jungle forest, the swinging method of the present invention may be referred to by the present inventor and his sister as 'Tarzan' swinging. The user may even choose to produce a Tarzan-type yell while swinging in the manner described, which more accurately replicates swinging on vines in a dense jungle forest. Actual jungle forestry is not required." --Declan]

---