Politech mailing list archives

FC: Patrick Gunkel on automated face recognition as police monomania

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:52:17 -0400

[Patrick is an interesting fellow. You can see some of his work at http://ideonomy.mit.edu/. As for automated face recognition, this is the most important privacy issue confronting us today (yes, more so than what happens when you give your email address to flooze.com and it goes bankrupt, sigh). --Declan]

*******