Politech mailing list archives

FC: Gore humor, alas, not true: Reuters retracts restaurant story

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 00:56:02 -0500

*******

From: Madeleine Kane <madkane () madkane com>
To: "'declan () well com'" <declan () well com>
Subject: Not true, after all: RE: Friday humor: Al Gore, former VP, now a restauranteur
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:40:43 -0500

Alas, it was a good story while it lasted.  But it's been corrected:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011130/pl/people_gore_dc_2.html
" CORRECTION: Al Gore Restaurateur Story Withdrawn
The Nov. 29 LAGOS, Nigeria, story headlined ``Al Gore  says now
restaurateur in Tennessee'' is wrong and is withdrawn. The story was based
on an erroneous hearing of Gore's remarks.According to a transcript
provided by a representative for Gore, the former vice president said ``...
we stopped at a little family restaurant in Tennessee. We were eating there
by ourselves. It was a low-cost restaurant called Shoney's.''There will be
no substitute story. "
Too bad, I has some fun plans for that little morsel in my Dubya's Dayly
Diary.
Madeleine Begun Kane, Humor Columnist
http://www.madkane.com
http://www.madkane.com/bush.html  (Dubya's Dayly Diary)
Subscribe To MADKANE HUMOR:
Send Blank email to madkane-subscribe () topica com