Politech mailing list archives

FC: Corinthians.com bible-quoting owner loses to Brazil soccer team

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:57:29 -0400

Apparent excerpt from the WIPO decision, per difficult-to-parse email from the ex-domain name holder below:

"The Respondents contend that ^Ó(w)ell prior to the filing of Complainant´s action, Respondent was making noncommercial use of Corinthians.com, while simultaneously offering a bona fide service to the religious public. This action took the form of Respondent placing scripture (a passage holding great personal significance for Respondent) from the book of Corinthians on the website in question.^Ô Response, III, 1. (Panel´s emphasis). The Panel considers that this contention, and even evidence thereof, is not sufficient to demonstrate rights or legitimate interests in the domain name by itself"

-Declan