Politech mailing list archives

FC: eWatch firm specializes in spying on corporate critics

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 02:10:27 -0400

[Okay, you activist wannabes, get over it. What you post online may be as public as if you were shouting it from the street corner. If you don't like it, be anonymous. The tools have never been easier to use, and it's the only way to shield yourself from reprisals. Don't trust your Internet provider or mail service to keep mum: That's identity escrow, and it's as bad an idea as government-coerced key escrow. --Declan]

*********