Politech mailing list archives

FC: Journalist group seeking PGP help in Latin America (a worthy cause --DBM)

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 18:20:58 -0500

Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:51:10 -0500
To: declan () well com
From: "Shabbir J. Safdar" <shabbir () mindshare net>
Subject: SEEKING PGP INSTALLATION HELP IN LATIN AMERICA
Cc: mbeelman () icij org

[Declan,

 Long time no talk; I hope things are well with you.  Can you forward this
to politech for me? I suspect your reach is even wider than you think it is.
 I'm also forwarding to cypherpunks.

 -Shabbir]

ICIJ, a working network of the world's leading investigative reporters, is seeking volunteers to help ICIJ members in Latin America install PGP. Note that PGP training is provided by ICIJ staff, and not at issue. However we need assistance in getting PGP installed on several members' computers in Latin America.

If you have the technical background to help a novice computer user install PGP, and are in or near Lima, Peru, Buenos Aires, Argentina, or Mexico City, Mexico, please contact Maud Beelman at mbeelman () icij org. Reasonable expenses can be accomodated.

ICIJ members are probably behind many of the big investigative stories you know and love, including the research and exposure of ECHELON by ICIJ member Duncan Campbell. Give something back to the world by lending them a hand! To learn more about ICIJ (the Investigative Consortium for Investigative Journalists), please go to http://www.icij.org/

Thanks!