Politech mailing list archives

FC: Photos from Supreme Court protests, MP3 of arguments online

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:33:12 -0500

I got back a little while ago from the Supreme Court. Some scenes from the protests outside:
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/supreme-court-bush-gore-arguments.html

Highlights include the Rev. Al Sharpton leading a march (former DC Mayor-for-Life Marion Barry was in his entourage):
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/950-17/supreme-court-al-sharpton.html

Falun Gong practitioners meditating outside Supreme Court:
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/950-17/supreme-court-meditating.html

For the first time, an audio tape of the hearing was immediately released. The court gave just one copy, and broadcast news organizations shared it. Here's a glimpse inside the van where it was being sent out:
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/950-17/supreme-court-van.html

I also shot a roll of ISO400 B&W print film; I'm developing that now.

-Declan

********