Politech mailing list archives

FC: RealNetworks apologies -- but is a patch and a bit of corporate groveling enough?

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:49:28 -0800

[This is an interesting issue. Yes, RealNetworks deserves public obloquy.
But maybe this will serve to raise people's privacy awareness. Right now
folks tend to assume "no-privacy-invasions" if the contract/user agreement
is silent on it. Maybe now they'll assume invasiveness in the absence of a
pledge to the contrary. --DBM]