Politech mailing list archives

FC: More on Australian official demanding Net-regulation -- demonstrating ignorance to the world

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:42:30 -0800

[The view of the US First Amendment as an irksome obstacle to regulation --
and bureaucratic empire-building -- is not of course unique to this
misguided and censorhappy Australian official. But it does nicely
demonstrate why anyone who cherishes free speech should be real wary of
global Net-governance agreements. --DBM]