Penetration Testing mailing list archives

FW: Securing Citrix

From: "Ross Dawson" <ross () ramraidersoftware com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 00:19:06 +0100

From personal experience  I could get around a citrix session by either
using IE or if an application had a help option in the menu fire up this and
then browse to where you want to get to through file open  the CHM help app
can sometimes make life hard. Or if you knew the locations of mmc regedit
gpupdate etc knowing the local admin account as well kind of helps. Keep
tabs on access control with the security log to see whos doing what.

The previous contract I was on hadn't switched on any auditing for who
initiated server shutdown. When you are trying to pull out a lengthy report
from AD and the server powers off for no reason that's just annoying.