Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Pentesting on databases?

From: "Ziots, Edward" <EZiots () Lifespan org>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:10:58 -0400

The Penetration Test Execution Standard is a really good guide on
executing Pen tests in general.

There are plenty of tools to do the testing of these systems, two that
come to mind are Metasploit and Backtrack. I would look on CIS webpage
for the latest on MYSQL Security checkkists.

http://benchmarks.cisecurity.org/tools2/mysql/CIS_MySQL_Benchmark_v1.0.2
.pdf

Edward Ziots
CISSP, Security +, Network +