Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Beginner Pen Tester Blog

From: arvind doraiswamy <arvind.doraiswamy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 15:12:32 +0530

There's nothing to ridicule at all IMHO. You wanted to do something
new and have started out by actually doing it..or at least taking your
first steps towards doing it. That in itself is positive. All the
best!!

Might I also suggest you give Virtual Box a spin. Its most definitely
lighter than VMWare which seems to be very very bloated these
days(dunno why). Also if you have a spare box or two lying around the
cleanest way is to format it .... put ESXi on it and run as many VMs
as you want hosting whatever apps and dbs and what not.

Have fun :)

Arvind
http://ardsec.blogspot.com