Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Nmap SMB Enumeration

From: "Edwards, David Earl" <david.edwards () Vanderbilt Edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:11:04 -0500

Good Morning,
                I am trying to use NMAP for SMB share enumeration on a Windows 2008 domain. I am running this against
systems with Windows 2000 through Windows 7. When I specify the smbdomain, smbuser, and smbpass arguments I am only
able to see shares with null access. It seems as though the credentials are not being used. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, David