Penetration Testing mailing list archives

CFP: Passwords^10, December 8-9, Bergen, Norway

From: Per Thorsheim <per () thorsheim net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:27:05 +0200

ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS : PASSWORDS^10

PASSWORDS^10 will be held at the University in Bergen (Norway), on
December 8-9, 2010. The 2-day conference will be free and open for
everyone to attend. Primary audience will be academics and security
professionals with deep technical/crypto knowledge. Limited seats
available. Passwords & PINs, nothing else.

--== DATES ==--
October 18 - Public CFP
November 1 - CFP submission ends
November 5 - All notifications sent to speakers (accept / reject)
November 8 - Public registration opens

--== ABOUT THE CONFERENCE ==--

The conference will be held at the University in Bergen (uib.no), with
help and participation from The Selmer Center (www.uib.no/rg/selmer) and
NISNet (www.nisnet.no). Start Dec 08 10:00, ending Dec 9 16:00. We'll
sleep somewhere in the middle. 1 or more tracks, depending on quality,
number and length of presentations.

--== CALL FOR PAPERS ==--

We are looking for new and relevant content within ATTACKS, DEFENCE and
USABILITY towards passwords & PIN codes. Presentations will be either 1
hour (45-50 minutes + questions), or 2 hours including a break.

ATTACKS can include online and offline attacks against all types of
passwords and & PINs, where the purpose is to gain access to, or recover
a password in some form. (Mind reading is out of scope). New & updated
tools, techniques are welcome.

DEFENCE includes ways to defend against online/offline attacks against
passwords, including IDS, logging, ciphers, policies, awareness etc.

USABILITY includes user interaction designs, password policies, security
awareness, password reset / recovery from a user perspective, statistics
and so on.

-- == HOW TO SUBMIT ==--

Send your suggestion to per () thorsheim net. Submissions will be reviewed
by people from the Selmer Center and me (Per Thorsheim). Submissions
MUST include the following information:

1. Speaker(s) name
2. Bio (short, should include link to online profile, website, blog etc)
3. Header and abstract of your presentation
4. List of facilities required beyond the usual equipment available
5. If you will allow materials, presentation and video to be made
available online after the conference.

All papers and presentations must be in English. With a free conference
and a limited budget, we're still working on finding a way to reward our
speakers. Lunch will be for free.

--== IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SUBMISSIONS ==--

No product marketing will be accepted. No marketing managers will be
accepted. Materials presented should be your own work. No limits to
technical depth - expect well educated and highly experienced security
professionals in the audience.

--== BONUS : WORKSHOPS ==--

FREE workshops will be held by major providers within the password
recovery industry on December 9. Names and contents TBA (take a guess!)

Questions and comments are welcome.

Best regards,
Per Thorsheim
CISA, CISM, CISSP-ISSAP