Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Network Mapper - nwmap 0.1 released

From: arvind doraiswamy <arvind.doraiswamy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 11:33:05 +0530

Hey Guys,
I'd posted to the list about a few suggestions on how to map a network
(internal and internet) a while back. That thread is here -
http://seclists.org/pen-test/2009/Sep/46 . I'd got a lot of good
suggestions that added to what I already knew.

So what I did was to take as many as those suggestions that I could
(time and effort barriers) and put it into a little Perl script. I've
put this up on Sourceforge so you guys can try it out and provide
further feedback, encouragement , bugs or patches ;).

Here's the Sourceforge link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/nwmap/ .
Yes I know ; there are plenty of commercial tools which claim to do
all this; but since I hadn't tried too many out - I thought I'd just
write this and see if it does a job. Do try it out and let me know how
good/bad/ugly it is.

Thanks
Arvind (www.paladion.net)