Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Wireless Encryption Methods (eg; WPA2) vs Forced Secure Proxy Redirects

From: Cedric Blancher <blancher () cartel-securite fr>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 22:16:31 +0100

Le jeudi 04 mars 2010 à 16:02 +0100, Malick Sy a écrit :
All in all leads to a major admin nightmare, to circumvent this, you
use a captive portal which forces users to authenticate securely via
local database, RADIUS or whatever flavour AAA is installed..

And what using WPA/WPA2 in enterprise mode, aka EAP authentication to a
RADIUS server ? Now your captive portal has no advantage whatsoever.
Only drawbacks...

--
http://sid.rstack.org/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE