Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: htpasswd decrypt

From: Jacky Jack <jacksonsmth698 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:35:20 +0630

I haven't been aware of it, too.
If you know it, let me know.

It's not easy to write bruteforce decryptor as it generates new
password each time upon generation.

./htpasswd -nb test test
Automatically using MD5 format.
test:$apr1$O9B501zi$LIb3jgek2pqVEv29qfCqO0

./htpasswd -nb test test
Automatically using MD5 format.
test:$apr1$Rekfkt5.$8NeNTA7C/Oy4jEuCgrnBE/

./htpasswd -nb test test
Automatically using MD5 format.
test:$apr1$PEH.OBdt$wE/nHRG.FYo2bzmAfxfIn1

./htpasswd -nb test test
Automatically using MD5 format.
test:$apr1$BtwEARib$2WWdK3nGlAWVutTRkFyV20